Sunday, June 8, 2014

I Thought You Said Forever {Italy x Reader Sad Oneshot}

I was stirring the pasta that I was making for Italy and I. Italy and I had gotten engaged a few months ago, and we were set to get married in two weeks. I love the Italian very much, I would do anything for him.

Suddenly, someone wrapped their arms around my waist and put their head on my shoulder. I tensed up.

"Ciao, (y/n) Vargas." Italy whispered in my ear. I gasped in surprise, but it only took me half a second to relax.

"Don't come up behind me like that! And that's (y/n) (l/n) to you, we're not married yet." I scolded, but I gave him a quick kiss. "The pasta will be ready soon. What you can do is set the table." I said with a warm smile.

Italy looked disappointed as he moped into the dining room to set the table. "I'll be waiting for your delicious pasta, bella!"

I laughed quietly to myself and said, "I love you, my Italy."

After about five minutes, the pasta was finished. It smelled delicious; I couldn't wait to see Italy's face when I tried it.

I filled two bowls with pasta and some sauce. I wish I could have added some meatballs or something, but I didn't have any meat.

I lifted both bowls and I began to walk to the dining room. Suddenly, my legs locked and everything blurred. I dropped the pasta bowls and they shattered on the hardwood, much to my dismay. I fell to the ground and landed on my side, which hurt. A lot.

Italy rushed into the kitchen. "(Y/n)! What's wrong, bella?" Italy exclaimed. "Does anything hurt. Can you get up?"

I tried to push myself back up, but my arms had become extremely weak. I could hardly move them.

"What's going on?" I asked. My voice sounded a bit different.

Italy put a hand on my forehead. "You're burning up! Don't worry, (y/n) I'll get you upstairs and I'll call someone!"

Italy picked me up and I felt like a rag doll. I put my head on his chest and I breathed slowly and carefully. Just as he got to the bottom of the stairs, I blacked out.



Sweat trickled down my forehead. The heat I was experiencing was unbearable. I don’t know how I got this sickness, but it was the worst I’ve ever gotten. I looked around and saw that I was in Italy and I's bed. I was so weak, I could hardly move. I closed my eyes, for it was hard to keep them open.

“Her fever won’t go away, China!”

“Just a second, Italy! You European countries are so impatient!” China said as he rushed in with broth that had herbs or whatever. China was my best friend and he was also one of the more mature countries, so of course Italy called for his assistance.

Suddenly, my body was racked with a cough. I spit out some blood and my heart was racing.

“China! What’s wrong with (y/n)?!” Italy cried out as he tilted my head up. "Don't die (y/n), please!"

I cracked my eyes open and I whispered, "I won't die, Italy. We'll be together forever..." I closed my heavy eyes and tried to calm my heart.

I could feel literal pain in my chest; I was in agony. I coughed again and there was more blood that spilled from my mouth.

"I don't think any of my medicines can fix this! I need to call a doctor, now!" China exclaimed as he scrambled to the phone that was on the other side of the room. I could only open my eyes for seconds at a time.

China called a number and he was soon speaking in frantic Chinese. I understood some parts of what he was saying, but I was so out of it, I could hardly translate it at all.

Italy had my weak, pale right hand in both of his. He held it to his forehead as he cried quietly. I tried to say something, but nothing came out. Not even a whisper.

I felt China's prescence beside me before he said, "I called the paramedics, they're on their way. I'm sure she'll be ok, Italy."

Instead of a nod of the head, Italy was singing.

"Draw a circle that's the Earth, draw a circle that's the Earth, draw a circle that's the Earth, I am Hetalia..." Italy sang, but his voice was cracking and he was still crying, but the intensity and emotion had increased. I could only catch a few words.

Everything began to dim again and my breathing went faster as I heard sirens.

I heard China yell, "They're here!"

Before I blacked out, the last thing I felt were Italy's hands leaving mine.


~Third Person POV~


Overtime, (y/n)'s condition began to improve in the hospital. Not even the doctors could find out what sickness she had, but it looked like their treatments were working. China had a feeling that something wasn't right, so he went through any medical books and records he could find. From library books to ancient Chinese and a bit of Japanese scrolls.

Italy had gathered the pieces of the bowls that (y/n) had accidentally dropped and shattered when she first got sick. They both kept forgetting to glue them together, but they swore to do so before they got married.

Italy got into bed with his soon-to-be bride. Their wedding was in not even a week.

He gave her a kiss on the lips and said, "You're going to be mine soon, (y/n)."

(Y/n) smiled and said, "I'm already yours, but I will be forever."

"Forever? Promise?" Italy said with his eyes shining.

She smiled and said, "Yes. We'll be together forever." (Y/n) yawned and closed her eyes.


~Timeskip~


Italy opened his eyes and yawned. He had a good nights sleep; he didn't wake up at all.

(Y/n) had rolled over during the night, and she was sleeping so soundly.

"Morning, bella..." Italy said and he wrapped his arms around her.

Italy gasped and pulled back instantly. (Y/n)'s body was ice cold.

He rolled her body over to face him and she was as white as paper. She didn't move. She didn't breathe. Though it looked like she was sleeping, she had died.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), wake up! Wake up!" Italy cried out as he shook her. She didn't wake up. Italy denied that she had died. He tried his hardest to believe that she was alive.

Italy sprung from the bed and almost fell as he got the phone.

He dialed Germany's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Guten tag, Italy. What do you want?" Germany finally answered.

Italy yelled frantically into the phone, "(Y/n)'s not moving! She's not breathing! She's really cold and I can't wake her up and-"

"I'm on my way over." Germany said firmly and he hung up.

Italy went back over to her body and he burst into tears.

"Please don't be dead bella, don't be dead..." Italy cried and cried and he pulled her into his lap as if he was holding her as his bride.

"I will love you forever and ever. You're the sauce to my pasta, the clouds to my sky, and the colors to my rainbow. You are my everything, and I will never let you go." Italy kept reciting his wedding vows over and over to her and he sobbed between every few words.

"Italy, where are you?!" Italy heard Germany yell.

Italy could only answer with a loud cry.

He heard Germany's quick, thundering steps and the bedroom door opened.

Germany's face instantly fell as he saw the heart-wrenching scene.

"(Y/n), no..." Germany whispered and he sat down beside Italy. A single tear fell down Germany's cheek as he pulled Italy and (y/n)'s body into a hug.

Suddenly, the door nearly exploded open.

"We need to get (y/n) to the hospital! The sickness she has gets better, but then it kills her later on! Come on, hurry-" China yelled. But he cut himself off and instantly started crying when he saw Germany and Italy holding (y/n)'s body.

When all of the other countries were told that the wedding was cancelled, they were disappointed. But when they were told why, their hearts shattered. (Y/n) was a friend to them all. Now that her prescence was no longer there, nothing was the same.

Italy walked into the graveyard and straight to his lover's grave. He put a box that held the shards of the broken bowls on the grave and sat beside it.

Silent tears fell down his cheeks before he whispered, "I thought you said forever..."



No comments:

Post a Comment